Tuesday 8 March 2011

Rocket Relay Training

On Saturday we went all the way to Newark in Nottinghamshire to do some special flyball training.

If we thought it was a long way to go the two trainers Kelly and Aaron had come even further, all the way from Canada! They are from a Flyball team called Rocket Relay and were doing a talk on how to improve flyball training . Me and Chip both had some one to one training with Kelly in the afternoon as well.

While I was waiting to have my turn we checked out some training gear. Well obviously I found watching the other dogs more interesting.


Until some interesting smells caught my attention.


I need some work on speeding up my runbacks so I did some work on running back to a tuggy as I am a bit tennis ball obsessed (apparently!)

This is a Video of Chip doing some work on making his already great swimmers turns on the flyball box even better. How does he catch the tennis ball springing out of the box and still turn so fast ?



Its a bit like one of those magicians tricks that you see on the TV!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

So great to see the dogs doing something they enjoy.

Unknown said...

Boy that is super mega uber fast!

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Valerie said...

That's really fast, so fast I almost couldn't see Chip's feet

Pat Wahler said...

Chip runs a fast and furious relay!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Hi Wizz - thanks for visiting our blog. Stopping by now to say hi. Wow, that Chip is fast. Flyball looks like a lot of fun.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Karen said...

How cool that you had trainers come from Canada!
When I did some flyball with Jake and Luna, Jake would have nothing to do with that jump right in front of the box. Well Luna wouldn't either. What I did was to turn the jump 90 degrees and put the end that had no standard, against the box. That way they still had to go over something as they did their turn, but it wasn't quite as intimidating. I didn't stick with it long enough to see if they would get to the point of not minding the jump across the full width of the box. Luna probably would have been okay eventually, but not Jake.
That Chip is blazing fast. I'll bet there's a lot of teams that would like him as a height dog!