Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee Champions


If you are a British reader of this blog it wont have escaped you that this bank Holiday we are celebrating our Queens Diamond Jubilee. Queen Elizabeth the Second has been on the throne for 60 years which must be a good reason to throw a few parties.

And what better way than to attend a flyball tournament draped with British flags and a Jubilee theme!


This time it was our own Clubs Tournament. I first I raced with my team Lightning Sprites on Saturday and we won our Division. This is me demonstrating  in a race how I get all my feet on the box when I do a 'swimmers turn' to run back after getting my tennis ball.


 Sunday I had a rest but the rest of my pack then raced. Chips team got a fourth place in their division but Auntie Breezes and Dares team also won their division.   It was quite rainy on Sunday so everyone got very wet especially little Chip.



Then on Monday I raced in Multibreed Flyball. Unlike open flyball you need to race 4 different types of breed in the races so me being an English Shepherd and Chip being a Patterdale Terrier we got to run in ever race . We both raced in in the same team, Lightning Cocktail in the 1st division against the very fastest teams.

This is me in a race powering off the box after a turn.


It was quite exciting with some very close racing. We were seeded 2nd and our great rivals High Variety were seeded 1st in the 1st Division. Both teams went into the final race against each other unbeaten. So it was all down to these final few races of the day for the 1st Division title.

We are racing nearest the camera. In the three races I am the second dog and Chip is the last. Its very fast racing so if you blink you might miss us!   


As you can probably guess from our team clapping at the end we won the races and the first division title with a new fastest ever team time of 17.41 seconds.  It was unbelievably close racing as we only only won one race by .01 of a second!

So being crowned 1st Division Champions is not a bad way to celebrate the weekend of the Queens Diamond Jubilee

6 comments:

Valerie said...

My word it was a fast race. I tried not to blink; it worked, I saw you. Well done. Nice achievement for the jubilee weekend.

Taryn said...

I love that first picture of you, Wizz! It's a great one!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wowzers, look at how fast you are!!! What a fantastic jubilee weekend you all had! Thanks for sharing your fun and congrats on the wonderful wins.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Unknown said...

Happy Jubilee to you all!
Best wishes Molly

Sophie said...

Way to go guys!!!

And happy belated Jubilee!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are wonderful racers! I am sure the Queen would have come too..but she was real; busy last weekend:)